viernes, 18 de marzo de 2011

This Barbie definitely wants to party.


While i was doing some cool hunting, i found something really funny but creative and cool. Mariel Clayton is a Doll Photographer with a subversive sense of humor. She somehow gets inspired by women self sense of leadership and revenge. Guess Barbie it's not only pink, magic, and sport cars. It's another way of looking at photography, she definitely knows how to pull out a great photo composition and build up a good image structure. And somehow i think it is an awesome way to express how sometimes a girl can feel.


"I can’t explain how my mind works, or why these ideas come to it. It started out with a camera and a major interest in travel photography, but a sublime encounter in a Tokyo toy shop led me into the surreal world of Japanese miniatures, and ultimately to the stories that could be told with them. Since I started working with dolls, I have grown more and more to appreciate what can be done with them, how the smallest gesture or placement seems to convey volumes. Also, I happen to think it’s a damn funny medium. I’m entirely self-taught in photography. ” –Mariel Clayton.


Find more: http://www.thephotographymarielclayton.com/



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario